February 17, 2011

Day By Day

Melissa, Steve, and I continue to take one day at a time. Melissa's positive attitude keeps her and everyone around her going strong!

She taught school 3 full days this week. Kindergarten Round-Up for new parents was in the evening on Tuesday. She taught in the  morning, came home, rested, and then headed back to school for the parent meeting. Melissa is keeping life as normal as possible. Her energy is going full steam right now! We are so proud of her! 

Steve and I have officially completed the task of moving her out of her apartment. All her belongings are either in our home or packed and moved to a storage unit. My friend, Julie, and I played Cinderella today and cleaned the apartment! 

Tomorrow is Round 2 for chemo! Melissa is blessed that Renee, her wonderful para, is a certified teacher! Renee will be her sub when she has her treatments! This will make life easier for everyone!

Melissa and Renee

Melissa has been taking advantage of our nice weather and going for a few short walks! Fresh air and peace of mind does a body good! Keep all of us  in your prayers as we tackle tomorrow! 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa --
    I am privileged to work with your mom on Wednesdays at the Maple Village site. Just wanted you to know my husband and I are thinking of you and praying for you -- as well as your family. As tough as I can only imagine it is for you, your new haircut is simply adorable -- you wear it so well!! Now just to keep those little kindergarten hands out of it, huh?! :)
    Praying your weekend goes smoothly, Melissa!
    Amy Krance-Wendt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Miss Maher
    i love your picture.my birthday on westday.get well.i hope you fell better.
    you were the best kingergader techer.you were the best techer. you portected me.love brynn andrews. feb 18 2011

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Maher,

    You have been such a very important person in Brynn's life. We are praying for you and your family. Please let us know if you need anything anytime.. God Bless Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa,

    I am blown away by you! I am currently in the process of pursuing my Masters and teaching credential, and what you have already done is so inspirational!

    You are in my constant thoughts and prayers. I send you so much love and support!

    XOXO,

    Jenny Morgan

    ReplyDelete